Sunday, February 4, 2007

Tools of the Trade

Today I installed the necessary tools for internet players. Any serious playe, IMO, uses Poker Tracker. Using Poker Tracker with Game Time+ is definetly the way to go. I can't begin to tell you the advantages it gives you over your opponents. Eventually, when my player database gets big enough, I'm going to use a table selection program as well. If I want to do this for a living some day, I need to stack the deck in my favor.

In the spirit of self-improvement, here are my goals for further "high-tech" development.
1. Understand the auto-rate rules in detail.
2. Memorize the stats that GameTime+ uses and use it to define each player. I want to be able to paint a complete portrait of each player from what these lovely stats tell me.
3. By the beginning of March, I want to be properly using the table-selection tools (such as Sixth Sense or Spade Eye).

Wow! What a big difference GameTime+ and Poker Tracker make. At one point today, I was up to $330 at the table (sat down with $100). But, I didn't learn from the day before and lost almost $90 with pocket jacks. I need to relax with the pairs, they're costing me too much in the long run. I'm very happy with the progress I've made so far and look forward to playing more than one table at a time. With the stat overlays, "reading people" requires much less attention.

Ending Bankroll: $638.00
-Braien


March Goals

  • 1. $6,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Truly Believing: I Am Lucky!
  • 3. Stop Riding the Poker Emotions Roller Coaster
  • 4. Mental Sharpness - Translated into Great Reads

February Goals

  • 1. $2,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Each time I sit down at a table, develop a plan, and pick my victim(s)
  • 3. Play middle pairs better! Be willing to fold them.
  • 4. Create a Player Category System
  • 5. Truly Study the Theory of NL Hold'em
  • 6. Finish Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy
  • 7. Consistent blog updates