Thursday, February 8, 2007

Initial play at the table

I seem to lose a ton right away! Today it was off of bad bluff play with AKo-first hand. Lost $65 to TT, who called me all the way down. Should of saved last $35. Horrible Play. During my first few hands I, and my statistical software, don't have a feel for the table & I usually leaves me with a negative expectation. I recovered playing decent, and finished the day ahead. I was even smart enough to bet $55 on the turn when I made a boat(and was ahead), and check/fold on the river when my opponent made quads(and showed). Feels great, being able to make great plays-even if they're not that often yet....

I played for around 3 hours today and am pleased with my overall performance. I still need to focus on AK and middle pairs. I actually had to go back through and up my $ goal for the month because I feel getting to 1k isn't good enough any more.

Ending Bankroll: $693


March Goals

  • 1. $6,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Truly Believing: I Am Lucky!
  • 3. Stop Riding the Poker Emotions Roller Coaster
  • 4. Mental Sharpness - Translated into Great Reads

February Goals

  • 1. $2,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Each time I sit down at a table, develop a plan, and pick my victim(s)
  • 3. Play middle pairs better! Be willing to fold them.
  • 4. Create a Player Category System
  • 5. Truly Study the Theory of NL Hold'em
  • 6. Finish Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy
  • 7. Consistent blog updates