Saturday, February 10, 2007

Go with the Flow

Started @1830. Today I find myself focusing mainly on three areas: Flow of the table, board texture, and showdown %. I talked yesterday about showdown %, so today I'll talk about table flow and board texture...(deciding whether or not to bluff based solely on my opponent's sd% has helped immensely)

Table flow is rediculously important. If your observant, and watch who's playing pots from where, you can easily pick their pockets on occasion. This came in play during my tourney today when I noticed the player to be right raised every time it was folded around to him on the button. It just required me to have the balls to reraise him.

Board texture was more apparent during my cash play. I stopped trying to bluff when the board provided a little something everyone might like. (ex. QT5 with 2 hearts). I also stopped bluffing pots with more then 3 opponents in them-as that was just stupid to begin with. Where as during my tourney, within 15 minutes, players were essentially going all-in preflop the majority of the time.

I'm Playing in my first tourney in awhile....Started @2030 and went until 2245. I made 3rd out of 105 people and won $616.89. Felt good playing in tourneys again (obviously). I was blessed with American Airlines 3 times, kings, and queens. All won healthy pots and allowed me to finish well.

Ending Bankroll: $1,186.00


March Goals

  • 1. $6,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Truly Believing: I Am Lucky!
  • 3. Stop Riding the Poker Emotions Roller Coaster
  • 4. Mental Sharpness - Translated into Great Reads

February Goals

  • 1. $2,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Each time I sit down at a table, develop a plan, and pick my victim(s)
  • 3. Play middle pairs better! Be willing to fold them.
  • 4. Create a Player Category System
  • 5. Truly Study the Theory of NL Hold'em
  • 6. Finish Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy
  • 7. Consistent blog updates