Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Not Looking So Hot

Today I played like crap. I need to work on falling into the rythm of the table. If everyone is playing loose and passive, I need to avoid the urge to see a cheap flop along with them, and raise it up. I finally started playing medium pairs a little better and avoided losing big $ with them.

I need to avoid brewing huge pots with decent tight players. I can see their stats, so think harder! No more overcalling on the flop with bottom two pair if they bet $40! Should be an easy fold.

I need to get more aggressive and turn up the heat on my opponents. My adversaries are (correctly) putting me on draws, based on my betting amounts, and just check-call me all the way down with marginal hands.

I tried playing two tables today and as you can see from my ending bankroll, it didn't go over very well. I'm definetly not ready for two tables at the .50/1.00 tables. To properly adjust, I need to get back to the basics and read more. So much to learn!

Ending Bankroll: $520.00
-Braien


March Goals

  • 1. $6,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Truly Believing: I Am Lucky!
  • 3. Stop Riding the Poker Emotions Roller Coaster
  • 4. Mental Sharpness - Translated into Great Reads

February Goals

  • 1. $2,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Each time I sit down at a table, develop a plan, and pick my victim(s)
  • 3. Play middle pairs better! Be willing to fold them.
  • 4. Create a Player Category System
  • 5. Truly Study the Theory of NL Hold'em
  • 6. Finish Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy
  • 7. Consistent blog updates