Saturday, February 10, 2007

Playing Bad and Running Bad

What happens when you play like crap, and on top of it people get runner-runner to beat you? You lose about 1/3 of your bankroll. I need to stop bluffing players who won't fold. Especially on the .50/$1 tables. Seems like I lose a bunch to folks when it "appears" they're on a flush draw. From now on, I'm going to pay attention to went to showdown %. If this stat is around 30%, DON'T TRY MULTI-STREET BLUFFS!

I probably lost about two hundo on pathetic bluffs to pathetic players. Today really brought home this point. However, I am playing middle pairs better. I'm not losing massive pots with them! I'm unfortunately not winning huge pots with them either, as I haven't been flopping trips all.....(LOL, I just flopped trip nines and won $85 as I wrote this)

My low point of the day was somewhere around $460, for a negative $230. After about 5 hours of playing about 5 different tables and losing 25-45 on each, I started my climb back up.

I played from 1830 until 2430. The craziest table of the day had 2 people seeing 60-70% of the flops and another seeing 40+%. I unfortunately wasn't able to capitalize ( no good hands) until the very end after they already blew through a few hundred.

Ending Bankroll: $586


March Goals

  • 1. $6,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Truly Believing: I Am Lucky!
  • 3. Stop Riding the Poker Emotions Roller Coaster
  • 4. Mental Sharpness - Translated into Great Reads

February Goals

  • 1. $2,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Each time I sit down at a table, develop a plan, and pick my victim(s)
  • 3. Play middle pairs better! Be willing to fold them.
  • 4. Create a Player Category System
  • 5. Truly Study the Theory of NL Hold'em
  • 6. Finish Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy
  • 7. Consistent blog updates