Friday, March 2, 2007

First Day at Full Tilt

Well, I felt I was playing so badly I forced myself to quit. I was doing what I consider to be great in several key areas, but easily made up for it with crappy amateur calls. I was stealing pots, and playing aggressively adding about 25% to my bankroll at every table I sat down at. Then I would get in a big hand, with a great hand. First it was KK in a big raised pot with the board JJx. Of course he had a Jack and of course like a fool I doubled him up. Next time, and in a monster pot I had AA on a Qh Jh Xs board. I overbet the pot and of course he called. On the turn came the Th making a flush if he had hearts and a straight if he had AK. Not only did I lose over $100, I check called the turn for $25 and check called his all-in for $50 on riv. What an idiot! The only hand I could really beat here would be AQo or maybe AJo. Worst yet, if I'm going to check-call, I might as well bet out. Despite these horrible plays I ended up about $30 due to some good aggression.

Ending Bankroll: $1,185.00


March Goals

  • 1. $6,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Truly Believing: I Am Lucky!
  • 3. Stop Riding the Poker Emotions Roller Coaster
  • 4. Mental Sharpness - Translated into Great Reads

February Goals

  • 1. $2,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Each time I sit down at a table, develop a plan, and pick my victim(s)
  • 3. Play middle pairs better! Be willing to fold them.
  • 4. Create a Player Category System
  • 5. Truly Study the Theory of NL Hold'em
  • 6. Finish Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy
  • 7. Consistent blog updates