Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Another Bad Beat Day ?!?

I'm going to try something new, and list my bad beats to see if it helps me overcome the anger!

I had pocket 2's UTG, I just limped in. A player who has come over the top before does it again. I come over the top of him again. He just calls. I flop trips and bet 450 into a 750 pot. He calls with NOTHING, just 2 overs and back door flush. Out comes a Q, I check to his AK, and he bets 850, I reraise all-in for another 1300 and he calls. Of course he hits his flush on the river, a 15% outer-another fucking joke.

I kept up my losing streak losing with QQ to K5, then AK to KJ. What a horrible day.

Of course I continue, playing a STT, and placed 3rd (finally in the $ atleast!) because I went all-in with KTo from SB, and was called by BB with 89o. I can't win!

After a short movie break and some booze, I continued. I won 2 50/50s!!! AND outdrew the other guy heads up to win a $100 STT. Craziness I know. My great luck was kind of short lived. I played a $69 MTT, and outdrew someone, then lost a 50/50 and then went out with QQ vs. AQ. Bummer.

Overall, not a terrible day. Luck evened out a bit ;)

Ending Bankroll: $5,808.00


March Goals

  • 1. $6,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Truly Believing: I Am Lucky!
  • 3. Stop Riding the Poker Emotions Roller Coaster
  • 4. Mental Sharpness - Translated into Great Reads

February Goals

  • 1. $2,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Each time I sit down at a table, develop a plan, and pick my victim(s)
  • 3. Play middle pairs better! Be willing to fold them.
  • 4. Create a Player Category System
  • 5. Truly Study the Theory of NL Hold'em
  • 6. Finish Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy
  • 7. Consistent blog updates