Thursday, February 22, 2007

Playing on Another Level - Yet Not Winning

I'm playing way better, however bad things keep happening. I keep crapping out. I hate 50/50's (Two overcards vs. under pair - or vice versa). Try to avoid them at all cost! Look for spots to get your money in for max reward with the least amount of risk. However, with the damn blind structure rising so fast, they are bound to come up.

I need to work on my endgame. I used to almost always win when it was down to 3 or less people. Today there was nothing but several 2nd and 3rd place finishes. Remember on the 6 person single table S&G, only the top 2 places win $!

Back to the drawing board yet again.

Ending Bankroll: $1,445.00


March Goals

  • 1. $6,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Truly Believing: I Am Lucky!
  • 3. Stop Riding the Poker Emotions Roller Coaster
  • 4. Mental Sharpness - Translated into Great Reads

February Goals

  • 1. $2,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Each time I sit down at a table, develop a plan, and pick my victim(s)
  • 3. Play middle pairs better! Be willing to fold them.
  • 4. Create a Player Category System
  • 5. Truly Study the Theory of NL Hold'em
  • 6. Finish Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy
  • 7. Consistent blog updates