Thursday, February 15, 2007

Donk

Today is the first day I've thought that I played poorly overall. I played in one $315, and many more $100 and $50 tourneys today, and managed to donk my money off in all of them. I recovered slightly and won a 50 single table tourney to bring me back up (and allow me to quit for the day). For some reason it is incredibly hard for me to quit after losing. So I just keep losing $, losing $, and losing more $, until I finally win one. This is a bad habit I'll have to work on.

I was getting cold cards today and combined with my impatience when I finally did get a hand, caused me to play predictably over-aggressive. I'll probably just stick to $50 max rebuy tourneys and $100 regular tourneys until I get my bankroll back up to $2000-$2500.

Time to start boozing. Time to regroup. I will force myself to go over my notes for 2 hours before I play tomorrow.

Ending Bankroll: $1400.00


March Goals

  • 1. $6,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Truly Believing: I Am Lucky!
  • 3. Stop Riding the Poker Emotions Roller Coaster
  • 4. Mental Sharpness - Translated into Great Reads

February Goals

  • 1. $2,000 Bankroll
  • 2. Each time I sit down at a table, develop a plan, and pick my victim(s)
  • 3. Play middle pairs better! Be willing to fold them.
  • 4. Create a Player Category System
  • 5. Truly Study the Theory of NL Hold'em
  • 6. Finish Daniel Negreanu's Power Hold'em Strategy
  • 7. Consistent blog updates